The Campaigns Overview is the default view when you log into Leanplum. It shows all of your campaigns, the number of users who participated in them, and how well each campaign performed.
From here, you can create new campaigns as well as search, sort, and filter existing campaigns.
To start a new campaign, click New Campaign in the upper left. You'll be taken to the Composer and guided through the steps of choosing a goal, target audience, and delivery channel.
To get started, jump to Create a campaign.
To search campaigns by name, type into the search bar in the top right corner.
You can export your campaign data in CSV format.
- Filter the campaigns you want to export
Tip: To avoid polluting the exported data with test campaigns, export only Finished and Active campaigns.
- Click Download Campaigns as CSV button next to the Search field
- Choose what metrics to be exported
All actions in campaign - export all metrics for each action for every campaign in the table
Campaign only - export only campaign level metrics (Users, Engaged, Engagement Rate, Conversions, Conversions Rate), skip action metrics
- Adjust the period to download data for
You can select a single month or single week. The exported file will include data only for the selected period, e.g. for email campaigns this is the number of total emails sent, opened, delivered, etc.
- Click the Download button to start exporting. The download will begin automatically once the data is collected and the file is ready.
Use any of the qualifiers in the header row to sort your campaigns. You can sort by Status, Conversion, Action type, and more.
By default, campaigns are sorted by creation date, starting with the most recent.
Use the arrows beside each qualifier to sort in ascending or descending order. For example, click Name^ to see your campaigns in alphabetical order.
To sort by campaign status, see the icons on the far left of the campaign overview. There are 4 possible statuses:
- Active Your campaign is delivering to users. Triggered campaigns are always active, as they're always evaluating which users fit the campaign's target criteria. Scheduled campaigns may display "active" outside of their scheduled time if you selected Optimal Time or User's Timezone delivery. Campaigns run from the moment delivery begins until the last possible delivery passes for all your targeted users.
- Inactive The campaign has not been started or is currently paused.
- Finished Your campaign has ended, so is no longer being delivered to users. Either the End Date has passed or you manually clicked "End Campaign." Once a campaign is finished, it cannot be restarted.
To zero in on specific campaigns, click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select your filter criteria.
You can filter by:
- Date range
- Labels (if applicable)
Updated about a month ago