The Delivery step is where you decide when a campaign should start and end. You can either set a one-time scheduled delivery, recurring delivery, or use a trigger to bring users into your campaign based on user behavior.
After selecting your Audience, go to the Delivery step and choose your campaign’s delivery settings.
In the Delivery step you must select one of the delivery methods:
- One-time delivery - the target audience enters the campaign on the scheduled start date and time.
- Recurring delivery - the target audience enters the campaign on a predefined recurrence pattern.
- Triggered delivery - targeted users enter the campaign only when they complete a specific action.
In addition, you can also set:
- Advanced delivery options - such as Delivery Caps, Quiet hours, Entry limits, and more.
- Conversion Events
- Attribution Window
A user only counts as having entered a campaign after they receive the first action of that campaign.
For example, if your overall audience was Android users, but your first action was set to deliver to users who reach level 5 of your game, Android users who are only at level 3 won't count as having entered your campaign in Analytics.
See the Metric glossary for more on how "enter" events are calculated.
When users stop qualifying for actions.
Users fall out of the campaign when they aren't eligible to receive the next action in the campaign. For example:
- If the next action is a push notification but the user doesn't have push enabled
- If the campaign is targeted to San Francisco residents but the user moves or travels
- If the next action has a sub-audience the user doesn't qualify for
Users who stop qualifying for actions move into the attribution window, where their conversion will still be counted toward the campaign's Analytics. Keep in mind, users can re-enter a campaign after the attribution window if they complete the entry trigger again.
When you end the campaign.
When you click "End Campaign" in the title bar, it brings a hard stop to the campaign. No more actions will be delivered, and the attribution window will immediately end for all users (meaning no more conversions will be counted toward this campaign).
When the End Date & Time passes.
Once the End Date & Time passes (if you set one), new users will no longer be able to enter the campaign, while users already in the campaign will stop receiving actions and will be pushed into the attribution window.
If you forgot to add an End Date & Time before starting your campaign, you can add one after it's live (to trigger campaigns only). Go to the live campaign's Delivery step, add your end date, and click "Publish Changes."
Updated about a month ago