Before you can send your first email campaign, there are a few things you need to do:
Email is an add-on feature that must be activated before you can get started. To enable it, you’ll need to contact our support or [email protected].
After enabling email, your company will be provisioned a dedicated IP address for sending email, and you’ll need to perform some domain name (DNS) configuration. Don’t worry, our email support team will work with you through this process, which typically takes several business days.
To see whether email is enabled on your account:
- In the sidebar, click More and select App Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Open the Keys & Settings for your app.
- Click Email to open email settings. At the very top of the popup window, you will see either "Email Enabled" or "Email Disabled" in bold text.
Leanplum sets defaults for you, but we encourage you to check these settings before getting started. You can also override the defaults when creating an email in the Message Composer.
Under App settings > Keys & Settings > Email, you'll see the following:
- “From” address: the email address users will see as the sender. Defaults to “[email protected]”
- “From” name: the name users will see as the sender. Defaults to blank.
- Email user attribute: the user attribute where you are storing the user’s email address. Defaults to ‘email’ (lowercase). Again, you must set this in your app’s code.
- Recipient name: the user attribute you are using to store the user’s name. Defaults to blank.
With the Leanplum default settings, here is how an email would look to your users.
To see how many valid email addresses you have in Leanplum:
- Click Users in the sidebar.
- Click the Add Segment dropdown.
- Select User Attribute.
- Select the attribute for "email."
- Click the operator "is" and select "contains" from the operator dropdown.
- Change the value to "@."
- Click Search.
If "email" is not in your user attributes selector, you'll need to modify your app's code to send the email address as a user attribute to Leanplum.
Updated 27 days ago