This article describes functionalities that are available in the upcoming Single Message Campaign Experience. Contact your CSM or [email protected] to participate in the Open Beta.
The Goal category helps you organize your campaigns in the overview table.
When setting up your campaign, in the Create Campaign dialog choose a category that aligns best with your end goal for this specific campaign.
Once a campaign is created, you can always change the goal category via the Campaign Settings dialog - from the ••• (More Options) dropdown in the title bar, select Campaign Settings.
Make a general announcement.
- New feature announcements
- Technical alerts (such as scheduled downtime)
- Email newsletters
- Simple greetings
Onboard new users to your app.
- Drip campaign to explain features of the app
- In-app product walkthrough
- Reminder for users who didn’t complete the registration process
Increase app usage.
- Promotion of new content such as movies or music
- Announcements for a daily tournament
- Notification of new dating matches or nearby restaurants
- Shopping cart abandonment campaigns
- Sales or limited-time promotions
- Promotion of paid features to free users
Get lapsed users back into the app.
- Special offers for users who have not recently used app
- Communicating new app features to users who have not recently logged in
- Reminders about music a user favorited for users who have not recently used app
Drive other behavior, unrelated to purchases or re-engagement.
- Campaign to drive push notifications opt-in
- Email subscriptions, etc.
- Campaign to increase social sharing about the product
- Drive more app store ratings
- Survey to collect NPS score from users
Filter by Goal Category in the Campaign Overview page
To view all campaigns that share a similar goal, you can filter by Goal Category by clicking the filter icon at the top right corner of the screen.
Updated about a month ago