Universal links (for iOS 9 and above) and Android App Links (for Android M and above) provide a deeplink bridge between web pages and mobile apps. If a user already has your mobile app installed on their phone, then the universal link or Android App Link will automatically open inside the app. If the user does not have your app installed, the link will open in a web browser instead (Safari for iOS, Chrome for Android). This makes it easier for you to engage users across platforms.
To use universal links and Android App Links, you'll need to do two things:
- Configure your mobile app's code to support universal links. See the links above for details about configuring your iOS or Android app.
- Disable link tracking to enable universal linking with SendGrid (see instructions below).
Universal links are not currently supported for iOS push notifications and in-app messages by Leanplum out of the box. Instead, you can use deeplinks for iOS push and in-app messages (using a custom URL scheme). To use Universal Links you'll need to manually update the openURL method in LPMT_OPEN_URL_NAME in the LPMessageTemplate.m file.
To get universal links and Android App Links working with SendGrid, you’ll need to go into the HTML source code for your email and edit the URL by hand.
- Once you are in the Edit portion of your email, click Tools > Source code to view the source code.
- Scroll through the code to find the link you want to be universal.
- Add clicktracking="off" to the tag.
<a clicktracking="off" href="http://yoursite.com">link to your site</a>
Leanplum does not currently support tracking (clicks) on universal links.
Universal links with Branch.io
See [here](https://docs.branch.io/pages/emails/leanplum/) for more on setting up multi-platform deep links with Branch.
Updated 2 years ago